Adventure and auto glass; your TWO most FAVORITE subjects right? I know, I know…..you don’t want to talk about it. Your windshield is in one piece and you are sick of hearing me rant and rave about auto glass. I don’t blame you. I really don’t. However: there are important things you need to know!
- Our industry is UNREGULATED. That means that literally ANYONE can CUT into your car. In case you missed it, here is a visual of what I’m saying:
- When you call your insurance company, please know you have the right to choose who works on your car. Please tell your insurance agent who you want working on your car.
- In network vs. out of network and why it matters to YOU.
- IN NETWORK: Auto glass shop signs contract with insurance company. Auto glass shop agrees to pricing set by YOUR insurance company. Insurance company stands by warranty and workmanship of in network shop
- OUT OF NETWORK: Auto glass shop sets own prices. Auto glass shop will have you sign contract so if there is an out of pocket expense, you pay the bill even if you have full insurance coverage. Insurance company DOES NOT STAND BY WARRANTY of out of network shop.
- Some third party networks will try to steer you to use their shop. That is right – there is a third party network out there affiliated with an auto glass shop. It is illegal, in the state of Arizona, to steer you to use said shop. YOU have the right to choose who works on your car.
- From experience…….literally last week…….have a hide a key! It saves ya from a headache. 😉
- Is your first aid kit up to date? Check it before that next adventure!
- WATER. WATER. Water.
- Please keep your pups and kiddos out of the car. It’s summertime in Arizona!
Alright. That wasn’t so bad now was it? Go rock on and have a great adventure! We are here when you need us!